If I ever ask for your information, it will be for the following uses: to send you my newsletter or to contact you if you happen to win a giveaway I host on my site. I can’t foresee using it for anything else, but if something comes up, I’ll update this page. Please check this page every once in a while to make sure you’re still okay with the current policy. This policy is effective as of May 30, 2018.
What I collect:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Date you subscribed
- If and only if you win a giveaway/contest prize: mailing address
This information is collected for:
- Subscription to the Kim Smejkal newsletter, for updates on book releases, sales, giveaways, and other information.
- For contacting me from the contact page.
- For giveaways you knowingly and voluntarily enter.
How I keep your information secure:
- Personal information is contained behind secured networks by the Squarespace, Google, and MailChimp service providers.
- In the event a breach occurs, I’ll make every effort to let you know by email within seven business days.
Retention of personal data:
- I’ll only use and store your data for as long as needed to provide the services you requested and to make sure your future requests are met efficiently.
How cookies are used:
- This website uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. Squarespace and I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. A cookie in no way gives Squarespace or me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
- You can always choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other sites:
- I might link to other websites. However, once you use these links to leave this site, please know I don’t have any control over that other website. So I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while those sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Please exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
- I will never sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless it is required by law to do so.
- I am available via email or contact form at anytime for:
- Details on what, if any, personal data I hold.
- To change, correct, or delete your personal data.
- Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your personal data.